Latest News from the Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson September 5 2009
Coming Open Source releases
OTP R13B02 September 23
OTP R13B03 November 25
OTP R13B04 Jan-Feb 2010
OTP R13B05 ???
OTP R14B May-June 2010
Plans for later releases
Multicore performance improvements
– Delayed deallocation, let the right scheduler do it (R13B03)
– Improved handling of process table
– Separate allocators per scheduler
– Use NUMA info for grouping of schedulers
– Separate poll sets per scheduler (IO)
– Support Scheduler bindings, cpu_topology on Windows as well.
– Optimize Erlang applications in Erlang/OTP
– Fine grained parallelism, language and library functions.
– Better and more benchmarks
New way to build the documentation
– Using XSLTPROC to produce html, man and XSL-FO
– Using Apache FOP to produce PDF
Easier to interface C libraries and to make your own ”BIFs”
– Dynamically linked in BIF’s (for C-code , easier to write and more efficient
Support for validation in xmerl_sax_parser
BIFs for search in binaries (EEP-?)
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.